Terms & Conditions
Grants are made to charities, NOT to individuals:
- Working within the historic boundaries of the county of Essex and/or;
- With the special knowledge of the Trustees or;
- To assist expeditions to the Arctic and Antarctic regions.
Within Essex grants are made:
- To help disadvantaged people especially the young.
- To help certain conservation projects.
- To certain charities that Augustine Courtauld wanted to help specifically.
Grants are normally in the range of £500 to £2,000. Grants may be repeated year after year but only if applied for each year. Grants may be given both to assist specific projects or to help with general running costs of the charity.
How To Apply
- Applications may be made using the application form on this website.
- The Trustees meet annually in the Spring to consider applications.
- Please see the Application Form for the latest review and submission dates.
There will be an email acknowledgement to all on-line applications. There will be no further notification until after the Trustees have met, following which meeting applicants will be notified by email of the Trustees' decision.